Blah Blah:
I had a whole big angry rant lined up for this week's preamble, but honestly, fuck it. No point in ruining my mood over some shit that doesn't really matter.
On the upside, we just picked up an Alesis SR-16 and a couple new pedals to mess around with and we're pretty stoked to get our industrial-goregind-shoegaze-doom on.
-
Muzak:
Luminous Vault - Melodic black metal meets Godflesh? You know I'm way into this. Features dudes from Oneirogen and Artificial Brain for whatever that's worth to anyone.
-
Grone - Monolithic industrialized death metal from suburban NJ... Think Godflesh or Dead World with an added splash of Immolation and a punishing sense of groove that has always kinda reminded me of Bulldoze (but that's probably just because I listened to a lot of really "tough" hardcore back when I first ran across this band).
https://grone.bandcamp.com/album/chucklepatch
-
Alaric - We were just reminiscing about seeing these guys open for Savage Republic waaaay back in 2010 and I was reminded of how great this fucking song is.
-
Cave In - I grew up in middle of nowhere MA and I've been a big Cave In fan since about 1997. Stoked on this new album, but goddamn it made me really homesick for some reason.
-
Mossbreaker - Swervedriver wall of guitar meets Failure/ Quicksand songwriting? The music side of this is killer even if I'm not super into the vocals.
https://mossbreaker.bandcamp.com/album/between-the-noise-and-you
-
Video Games:
Cotton Fantasy (Why the hell did they change the name in the US? Cotton Rock 'n' Roll is an objectively much better name. Cotton Fantasy just sounds like a hentai game.)
Andro Dunos II
Dodonpachi Resurrection
-
Reading:
Haha nope.
-
Tube:
Friday the 13th part III
Friday the 13th part VI
Whispering Corridors
To The Devil A Daughter
Blood on Satan's Claw
The Devil Rides Out
-
have you checked out this yet? https://rigorous-institution.bandcamp.com/album/cainsmarsh
ReplyDeleteYeah Rigorous Institution are rad, reminds me of Amebix "The Moor" as played by Discharge or the Varukers... Tons of awesome weirdo crust bands from PDX... Violent Party, Lebenden Toten, and Nuklear Blast Sun Tan are some of my other faves.
Delete