Sunday, May 22, 2022

Head Of David

This late era Head of David album has a reputation for being terrible, and it definitely pales in comparison to the earlier one that had a young Justin Broadrick on drums, but at the same time it's a hell of a lot better than I gave it credit for back when I was 15.

Honestly, listening to this now I'm kinda wondering why I wasn't more into it back in the day 'cos it feels like a middle point between Cop Shoot Cop, The Young Gods circa "T.V. Sky", and "Gash" era Foetus and that was my shit back when I was in high school.

Put another way: If I ever got a chance to direct the insane 90's Tetsuo meets Hardware meets Project Metal Beast style sci-fi splatter flick that rattles around my head from time to time I would totally license a couple of these songs for the soundtrack. Sweetandlovingthing especially.




No comments:

Post a Comment