Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Weekly Roundup ??? Possibly 13? Who the fuck knows.

 Blah Blah:

-Coherence at low ebb, you get bullet points this week.

-DD is home, recovering... Thank fuck.

-We bought an Alesis SR-16 mostly 'cos they're super cheap and pretty much THE weapon of choice for 90's bargain basement industrial metal/ spastic digi-grind/ and one man black metal skuzz.

-Chipping away at the "leftover" Infestation Ritual tracks... I honestly feel kinda bad calling them "leftovers" because the only reason they didn't wind up on the demo was down to time and some sucky family stuff that derailed the recording process.

-Working on a couple tracks that add drums and guitar to our wasteland drone/noise rituals and kind of wind up sounding somewhere between Chu Ishikawa, Emit, Demoncy, Megaptera, Troum, Fabio Frizzi, Legion of Andromeda, Godflesh, and Beherit... And yes, every bit as fucked as that sounds on paper.

-I think I've slept like 14 hours in the past week. My brain is fucking mush right now.

-

Muzak:

Uranium - Blackened power-electronic barbed wire machine-rape nightmares. If you survive even the first half of this album you're made of stern stuff indeed.

https://sentientruin.bandcamp.com/album/wormboiler

-

Realize - It might be just me but I kinda think realize Sound like the singer of Brawl Park fronting Streetcleaner era Godflesh. Pretty killer.

https://realizeindustrial.bandcamp.com/album/machine-violence

-

Pink Turns Blue - Ultra dramatic machine driven post punk from Germany. I'm guessing Eremite probably isn't the first album most people think of when they think Pink Turns Blue, but I think it might be my overall favorite of their records... Super weird and cold sounding. Distant. Wintry. Whacked out.

https://youtu.be/j3KjfGAIVlY

-

Chrome - Unpopular opinion: The later-era Chrome stuff fucking Rules. Totally fucking wrecked psychedelic electro-punk spew.

https://youtu.be/PVXWaSCbKhg

-

Hawkwind - Same deal with Hawkwind, their late era stuff is awesome and super slept on. Chronicles of the Black Sword might even be my favorite of their albums, maybe tied with Choose Your Masques.

https://youtu.be/7qSGSOlihHo

-

Beherit - Still on a wicked Beherit kick. Was just sitting in the dark with DD, drinking a beer, and listening to Engram while a thunderstorm raged outside, recommended.

https://youtu.be/S7o9J2ZpBQ8

-

Video Games:

Chop

Drainus

Steel Vampire

SFIII: Third Strike

-

Reading:

The Elric Saga Vol.1 by Michael Moorcock

-

Tube:

Ultraman

Jigoku

Wolfen

Fear City

-

No comments:

Post a Comment