Blah Blah:
Thinking of moving to the burbs and getting a place with a yard so we can get a dog and build out a more fleshed out recording studio. We'll see what happens.
-
Muzak:
Vomitory - I loved Vomitory back when I was in high school and just happened across a new copy of "Raped In Their Own Blood" the other day so that's been in pretty heavy rotation this week. Burly 90's scandi-DM with a nasty crusty/ punky vibe and a real gnarly "rusted out" guitar tone that sort of reminds me of mid-era Dismember. Cover is NSFW/L but definitely not the worst I've seen.
-
Warrior Soul - If you can imagine a middle ground between Queensryche, and Soundgarden you're pretty much in the ballpark of Warrior Soul... Been a huge fan since I was about 12 years old and "Jump For Joy" has some of my favorite lyrics ever written.
-
Infestdead - I remember having this CD waaay back in the day and remember it being really good, but aside from that that I honestly remember sweet fuck all about this band. Were they a Dan Swano side project? Probably? Well, I just ordered the 2CD Anthology of all their stuff so I guess I'll know soon enough.
-
Agressor- Riffy early 90's French death/ thrash. I somehow totally missed this band when I was younger which is a shame because they're really good. FWIW: I didn't misspell their band name, they did.
-
Dyingrace - Ultra fucking heavy death metal tinged HC from late-90's Japan. If you have even a passing interest in 90's metallic hardcore or "deathcore" in the 90's sense of the word this stuff is an absolute must hear.
-
Love and Rockets - Ex-Bauhaus psychedelia... Reminds me of "Burning From the Inside" as played by The Rolling Stones which works well for me in certain moods. Makes me wanna be zoned-out/ mellow/ drunk while watching the sun set and having a cookout on a roof-deck in New Orleans. Fuck that'd be nice...
-
Video Games:
Pocky and Rocky Reshrined - I loved the SNES Pocky and Rocky back when I was a kid so I was really looking forward to this. Unfortunately my day wound up being way to fucking busy to actually play it... Hopefully I'll have a bit more time tomorrow.
-
TMNT: Shredders Revenge - Sooooo fucking good.
-
Books:
Monsters in Print by Adam Benedict - Heard this dude on a podcast I like and his book seemed interesting so I picked it up. Massive compilation of totally weirdo cryptid reports from old-timey newspapers. I love stuff like this.
-
Movies/ Tube/ Podcasts:
Cryptonaut Podcast
The Exorcist II
Doomed Megalopolis
Godmonster of Indian Flats
Octoman
Blood & Flesh: The Reel Life & Ghastly Death of Al Adamson
-
No comments:
Post a Comment