Blah Blah:
I might update this with more of a preamble at some point tomorrow but right now it's like 4am and I don't have a whole hell of a lot to say. Just kinda hanging in there and trying to weather the brain-chemical hurricane until things (hopefully) calm down again.
-
Muzak:
Deathwhite - If Type O Negative and Katatonia had a child that decided it really liked mid tempo double-bass kicks under gothy doom riffs it would probably sound something like Deathwhite. This caught me in the right mood the other day and I wound up really liking it.
-
Foscor - Depression has been kinda kicking my ass lately so Foscor's brand of gloomy atmospheric metal has been really hitting the spot.
-
Gore - Crushingly cyclical hypno-metal from The Netherlands. Think an instrumental Godflesh with live drums, raised on a steady diet of "My War" era Black Flag and you've got a pretty good idea of what's happening here. Their "Mean Man's Dream" LP is a big favorite of mine.
-
Obsidian Kingdom - If you threw Neurosis, Cave in, and Pink Floyd in a blender it would probably sound a little like Obsidian Kingdom. This stuff has also been working really well with whatever reverse seasonal-affective malaise has been glooming me the fuck out over these past couple weeks.
-
Video games:
Ok, I keep meaning to branch out and write a little more coherently about the games I've been into on any given week, gonna try to make that happen starting now.
-
Neon White - First person shooters have never been my go to genre, but every once in a while one really grabs me. From DOOM's brutal gore and full on death metal aesthetics, to Superhot's stark visuals and weird strategic gameplay, and now to Neon White which seems to reconfigure the genre into thirty second doses of high-speed platform puzzling madness... I'm not deep into this yet, but I'm already pretty hooked.
-
Mario Golf: Super Rush - I had a weird pang of nostalgia for this long-defunct mini golf place I used to go to when I was a kid and picked this up to hopefully scratch that itch without having to golf around other people. It's fun so far... Even if I'm rather bad at it.
-
Reading:
Not much this week, just skimmed a couple of comic books and plowed through some dumb cryptozoology/ ufology stuff.
-
Tube:
Zardoz
The Killing of Satan
The Mystics in Bali
Bastard!!
-
No comments:
Post a Comment