Blah Blah:
Still sorta reeling after a rough couple of weeks but I think I might finally be starting to feel the ground under my feet again... We'll see.
In other news, we ran into that friend of ours who ghosted us a while back while we were up at the bottle shop. It was uncomfortable and awkward... Dude didn't acknowledge us or say hey just silently did his thing and left.
Did a quick bit of mental accounting trying to remember if we had done something to offend him but came up nothing so I guess this one falls solidly under under the auspices of "I don't fucking care."
Seriously, at this point I'm "officially" middle aged and I have less than zero patience for bullshit high school "Guess why I'm mad at you" drama, especially from another grown man... I try not to be a dick to anyone, and if I inadvertently hurt someone's feelings I'm man enough to talk about it and apologize if I did something wrong, but if you decide you don't like me out of the blue one day that's your problem, not mine.
-
Muzak:
Deinonychus - Deranged suicidal black metal/ doom circa 1995. Membership ties to Bethlehem. I've always had a wicked soft spot for this album.
-
Murmuüre - Ostensibly a black metal album, but most of the sound-field here honestly sounds more like the Tim Hecker/ Ben Frost/ Final/ Fennesz brand of distorted ambient music. Awesome.
-
Egregore - First Impression is that they remind me of a grindy Morbid Angel with lots of reverb and some spaced out synth parts. Some of the fastest parts remind me of a more melodic/ less unhinged Gravesend. All told I'm really enjoying this, will see if it becomes a favorite.
https://listen.20buckspin.com/album/the-word-of-his-law
-
Video Games:
Mario Strikers: Battle League - Reminds me of NBA Jam but soccer and with Mario characters. A little but light on content, but pretty fun if you have someone to play it with.
-
Drainus - New horizontal sh'mup with really pretty graphics and a vaguely Ikaruga-style bullet absorption mechanic.
-
Reading:
Couple books of Celtic Folklore
Slaine
Andraste
-
Tube/ Podcasts:
Cryptonaut Podcast
Euphomet/ Night Drive
Doomed Megalopolis
Ultraman
Kamen Rider
-
No comments:
Post a Comment