Saturday, April 30, 2022

Weekly Roundup #7

Back with another real quick rundown of various things I've been digging over the past week. I'm sure you know the drill by now.

-

Muzak:

Septic Flesh - The mid/ late 90's Septic Flesh stuff is awesome and seriously underrated. Sumerian Daemons and Revoultion DNA in particular.

https://youtu.be/p7CrjevjkVo

-

Napalm Death - Good lord "A Belly Full of Salt and Spleen" is terrifyingly heavy... What a great fucking song.

https://youtu.be/TLKjpobj4vg

-

Vile Creature - Super heavy blackened doom from a couple of politically minded Canucks. I had been meaning to pick up their stuff for a while now and they just happened to have "Preservation Rituals" and "Glory! Glory! Apathy Took Helm!" up at the local record store.

https://vilecreature.bandcamp.com/album/preservation-rituals-2015-2018

-

LÄHIÖBOTOX - Dub War Meets Orange 9mm meets Downset but sung in what I assume is Finnish? Could be in fucking Martian for all I know 'cos I seriously don't speak a word of whatever language this is in, but it's pretty fucking killer regardless. (Thanks to Andrew from the always amazing Aversionline for the heads up on this one.)

https://youtu.be/p8yFFURu3aE

-

Awich - I kinda have a thing for rap in languages I don't understand and that's what this is. More modern and "mainstream" sounding than I'm usually into but I like the chick's voice and how she ping-pongs back and forth between Japanese and English so I've been kinda feeling this lately.

-

Video Games:

Speedrunners - 2D platforming meets a racing game, with a grappling hook. This is seriously one of Me and DD's favorite games of all time.

-

The Last Blade 2 - I wanna say what Garou was to KOF and Third Strike was to Street Fighter so Last Blade is to Samurai Showdown? Something like that anyway. Used to play this one a lot when I was younger.

-

KOF XV - Newest Installment of the long running fighting game franchise. I'n not particularly good at it, but I love the character designs and bright colorful graphics.

-

Layer Section - Sega Genesis (I think?) era Sh'mup with great pixel graphics and a cool lock-on laser mechanic.

-

Reading:

A bunch of dumb stuff about aliens and cryptids

-

Tube:

The Keep (man I want there to be a directors cut of this movie so goddamn bad)

The 1970s animated Hobbit/ Lord of the Rings movies

Eyes of Fire

Blood on Satan's Claw

Fiend Without a Face

-

No comments:

Post a Comment